Monday, January 12, 2009

"Mondays are the potholes in the road of life." -Tom Wilson

Pessimistic title, I know, I just thought it was funny. I am actually having a good day.

So, I am back a lot sooner than I anticipated. This is for one reason and one reason only...I missed the shuttle back to my apartment and now I am stuck here with nothing to do except blog and mess around on facebook...Homework is an option, but really, I just got done with the class and quite frankly, I need a break after two straight hours of math. However, I am enjoying the class substantially more than I was last semester. The teacher and the tutor-man (haha that makes him sound like he farts...sorry, I'm just really immature.) are both hilarious and very helpful. I should set up an account on ratemyprofessor.com and say all the wonderful things about them.

Yesterday, I said goodbye to yet another best friend. He will be leaving to the MTC on Wednesday and to Columbia two months after. I'm so proud of him, it brings a glistening tear to my eye. And also the fact that I won't see him for two years. Aw well. He will do so wonderful, and that is enough for me.

Man! Something smells like a tootsie roll. But I see no one around me eating such thing...There is a cafe just around the corner, but I don't think they make tootsie rolls there. What. The. Crap. (!) AHA!! I have found the culprit. She is sitting next to me, but it is a tootsie pop, not a roll. But hey, I say +1 for me. haha I have the nostrils of a bloodhound. And for those who don't actually know me...My nose really does look just like that.


So I have been looking for the random moments of joy in life, trying to find the good in people. A lot I have noticed just from watching people walk down the hall way. There is quite a bit you can tell about a person by the way they walk and what they are doing. But misconceptions are possible, and more than likely going to happen. I think you need to stand next to a person and feel what they feel before you stand in front of them and feel what you think you should feel. "See once in a while, once in a blue moon, people will surprise you, and once in a while, people may even take your breath away." I didn't write that, and since only 3 or 4 people read my blog, I don't think copywriting will be an issue. So just sit back and absorb its beauty.

1 comment:

Kayleigh said...

Oh, I did see that you posted. When you asked me yesterday, I thought you had posted something else after this. Guess not.

I especially like your dog nose.