Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Finally...They liked it.

I'm in Advanced Poetry right now despite the fact that I am no where near being an advanced poet. When I hand out a poem in my class to have it work shopped, a part of me is really excited. I'm all, "Yay! I get constructive criticism so I can make my poetry better!" And then there is this huge part of me that's like, "Crap! Don't read my poem! You're all going to hate it and tell me I need more metaphors!" Which both parts are right. Truth be told, I struggle with metaphors. But, this weeks poem proved to be an audience pleaser. In fact, they loved it. I will share it with you now.

In Between

In the courtyard
snowflakes fall
sleepily dusting
the brass statues
Then- sunlight bleeds
dancing in the
branches bare
Creating in air
snowy explosions
Diamonds breathe
fireworks
a solitary jubilation
for one who stumbles on
utopia.

By Whitney Border

1 comment:

Kayleigh said...

i actually like it. a lot.

now if you'll excuse me, i'm going to read it again.

the word is: dricula.
dracula's understated and underfamous twin brother.