Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Resurrection of the Blog

ha. Well, this is embarrassing. I really had no intention of coming back to my blog. But sadly Facebook is boring me. And I just want to write. If I sound like I'm just babbling, feel free to quit reading. I won't be offended.

So good news, I survived my first year of college. This is such a surreal feeling to me because, you know...It's like, "Oh, I'm in college. I'm growing up." But now I am a 1/4 of the way through. What happens after college? Death? Ha, just kidding. The thing is I don't know what I want to be so I might have more than three more years. haha And then there is the question that I try to hide from, "Who am I going to marry?" ugh. It disturbs me, but it is inevitable. I can't have best friends forever. I do have to commit to that "one". Pretty sure I haven't met him though. Just throwin that out there.

So with it being summer and all, I've been playing the entire time. I just love living down here in Orem. Don't get me wrong, I love and miss home, but there is a freedom I have down here that I don't get anywhere else. Like the almost all-nighter I pulled with my friend Chris last night. We wanted to stay up all night and watch movies, we made it til about 4 a.m. and decided to call it quits. I could have made it, I don't think he could have though. heh, sucker. All of my friends are like my family, and I just love to meet new people. It has definitely made my life more exciting. In a way it has made it hard too. I made so many friend these past 9 months and when school ended, a lot of them moved home and I know I'm not going to see them again. Goodbyes take a particular toll on my spirits. Just one will usually get me down for a couple days, but I had to say goodbye to about 20 good friends of mine. My heart was pretty much vaporized for an entire day. Especially when Lindy moved out. Lindy was my roommate since January. She took Mandy's place (I realized now that I need to update who I am living with...) and she and I bonded like you wouldn't believe. She was so easy to tease because of her constant fake whining and hippie ways of life, but I was never sad around her. She managed to make me smile every time I saw her, sometimes it wasn't even on purpose. I don't know many people like that. She promised to come back though. I know that it wasn't goodbye forever between us. There was too much to just completely cut all ties, so that makes me feel better. I miss her though.
Awww. :) We're cute.

Can't wait to see her again!!! Life is too short to just quit a good friendship. You don't find too many more like that. I got lucky.

2 comments:

Spencer said...

Whitney, thanks for your comment on my post. I agree I think that adventure is more fun than all that cute stuff. Plus it seems like no matter how cute you are it's never enough. I would choose an adventure as well. A good balance of both. I like your blog as well! ha I'm not sure if we know each other...however thanks again for the comment! I'm not sure if I'm up to the challenge that was left to me on my blog...

Whitney Leigh said...

No problem Spenc! I'm glad you like my blog. poor thing doesn't get much attention. I don't think we know each other, but now we do. nice to meet you.